So a quick follow up to this post in setting up a local dns server; I ran into an issue where one of my clients couldn’t get an IP address, but one was stuck in the
I tried restarting the dnsmasq service on dnsserver as well as restarting the networking service on the client and various combinations to no avail.
The magic sequence appears to be;
- client – stop the networking service
- dnsserver – stop the dnsmasq service
- dnsserver – delete the offending entry from
- dnsserver -restart the dnsmasq service
- client – start the networking service/release/renew IP